Every event planner wants to find the perfect place to host their next conference or annual event, and rightfully so—securing the right space is extremely important to the overall success of your event.
When it comes time to compare convention centers, there’s a lot that should be considered.
Between location, size, number of meeting rooms and overall space, the process can seem overwhelming. Here’s a quick guide to help you streamline the process and start narrowing it down.
Each of these convention centers is located in one of the top cities to host a conference or event in 2019.
1. Orange County Convention Center:
Located in Orlando, Florida, Orange County Convention Center is the second largest conference center in the United States. This award-winning facility hosts more than 230 events every year and has spaces for every size of event.
- Location: Orlando, Florida
- Total Square Feet: 7,000,000 sq ft
- Exhibition Space: 2,053,820 sq ft
- Number of Meeting Rooms: 74
- Lecture Hall: 160 seats
2. Walter E. Washington Convention Center:
The Walter E. Washington Convention Center is D.C.’s biggest meeting and convention facility. With a mix of exhibit space, breakout rooms, and meeting space, this center can accommodate up to 42,000 attendees.
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Total Square Feet: 2,300,000 sq ft
- Exhibition Space: 703,000 sq ft
- Number of Meeting Rooms: 77
3. Las Vegas Convention Center:
Located along the Vegas Strip, the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) is one of the busiest convention centers in the country. Known largely for its versatility and impressive size, the LVCC is a popular choice among event planners.
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Total Square Feet: 3,200,000 sq ft
- Exhibition Space: 2,000,000 sq ft
- Number of Meeting Rooms: 144
4. Miami Beach Convention Center:
The Miami Beach Convention Center is a state-of-the-art meeting center that has more than 600,000 visitors every year. Surrounded by beaches, nightlife, shopping, and upscale resorts, this convention center offers a destination and one-of-a-kind experience for your attendees. It is currently undergoing a $615 million renovation that is expected to be finished this year.
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Total Square Feet: 1,200,000 sq ft
- Exhibition Space: 500,000 sq ft
- Number of Meeting Rooms: 81
5. McCormick Place:
Named North America’s premier convention center, McCormick Place is a popular choice for hosting large conferences and annual events. With four state-of-the-art buildings, it is the largest convention center in the country.
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Exhibition Space: 2,600,000
- Number of Meeting Rooms: 173
6. New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center:
Often recognized as one of the country’s top convention centers, the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center ranks sixth in size and is located right next to the world-famous French Quarter, home to live jazz music, incomparable cuisine, and nightlife.
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- Total Square Feet: 3,000,000
- Exhibition Space: 1,100,000
- Number of Meeting Rooms: 140
7. Phoenix Convention Center:
The Phoenix Convention Center is a 24-acre, 900,000 sq. ft. venue that has been hosting national conferences and tradeshows since it opened in 1972. Located in downtown Phoenix, this center is easily accessible with updated technology and world-class accommodations.
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Total Square Feet: 900,000
- Exhibition Space: 312,500
- Number of Meeting Rooms: 99
8. San Diego Convention Center:
Located along the San Diego Bay, the San Diego Convention Center sits in the center of a vibrant, pedestrian-friendly downtown area.
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Total Square Feet: 2,600,000
- Exhibition Space: 525,701
- Number of Meeting Rooms: 72
We hope this list has helped you compare conference convention centers! Let us know in the comments below if you end up choosing one of these venues.