How Do You Select the Right Virtual Platform for an Event?
In the last several years, virtual events have become a staple of society. Before the COVID-19 outbreak, nearly half the participants in the Impact of Video Conferencing Report noted that they were using videoconferencing more frequently than the prior two years. That trend was compounded by the global pandemic, resulting in more virtual events than ever before. Now, as folks look ahead to hybrid and remote work, it’s clear that virtual events are here to stay. And for good reason.
Virtual events (like speed networking) offer several benefits to traditional in-person gatherings, including:
- Increased accessibility and participation
- Reduced costs for hosts and attendees
- Enhanced flexibility
The rise of virtual events has naturally increased the number of virtual event platforms. Of course, just like not every virtual event is created equal, not all virtual platforms are alike either. Some have certain advantages and disadvantages. Some are very solid overall, and others simply fall flat. Let’s take a look at the best virtual event platforms of 2022 and what factors you should consider when picking the right platform for your virtual or hybrid event.
What Are the Factors to Consider When Choosing the Right Virtual Event Platform?
There are a handful of considerations to keep in mind when you are sorting through virtual event platforms. First and foremost, you need to determine what you want to get out of your virtual event. Assessing your needs is one way to determine which platform is right for you.
For example, you may have a virtual meeting platform that works great for conference calls or weekly stand ups. That doesn’t necessarily mean it will be the best platform for hosting your virtual event. Imagine you want to host a virtual networking event. In order to ensure all stakeholders have an excellent experience from start to finish, you probably need more features than just videoconferencing.
When determining your platform needs, you should also ask yourself:
- How many participants will you have?
- What kinds of activities will they engage in (one-on-one conversations, group activities, presentations, etc.)?
- How long will your entire event last?
- How long will each activity or session last?
- How many sessions or activities will there be?
- What is the ideal experience for everyone involved?
That last factor to consider, the “ideal experience,” is an incredibly important one. That will help you decide whether or not a platform has everything on your wish list. Beyond meeting just your basic needs, the best virtual event platforms will provide many (if not all) of your wants. For example, a great platform for your networking event will provide features like:
- Streamlined registration
- Enhanced in-app communication
- Predictive matchmaking
- On-demand support for host and participants
- A flexible user interface that is equally reliable on desktops and mobile devices
- In-depth, actionable analytics
When you combine all of these features and factors, you get a truly amazing event for everybody.
What Is the Best Platform for Your Virtual Event?
Plain and simple, if you want to put on an incredible virtual networking event, SpeedNetworking.com is the best platform for you. Hosting a hybrid event? What platform will you use to hold the virtual part of your event? Good news, we can help with that, too. We are an in-person, virtual, and hybrid SaaS platform designed to help create and execute the best one-on-one networking experiences out there.
- Participants can expand their professional network through targeted and impactful connections in one-on-one meetings.
- Event hosts can use advanced reporting and analytics to ensure everyone has a meaningful and positive experience.
- Event sponsors are seamlessly incorporated into events to maximize their return on investment.
With our combination of passion and experience, the results truly speak for themselves. With clients like Google, UKG, General Electric and more, we are confident that we can find the perfect event solution for you. If you are interested in learning more about our past work, be sure to check out our case studies.
On the other hand, if you are ready to learn more about what we can do for you moving forward, it might be time to: